NEED TO KNOW THAT:
- the main ingredient of Polish cuisine is the potato.
- the most popular kind of meat is the pork.
- Poles love soups and have a variety of them – they are usually rich and very thick
- lunch – called dinner – is the main meal of the day, and is consumed early in the afternoon. It has two main dishes: a soup at first and as a main dish – portion of meat with vegetables and potatoes or rice. At the end a dessert – cake, pudding or fruits. Dinner is accompanied by a tea or a fruit juice.
- Poles traditionally wish each other SMACZNEGO (bon appetit), at the start of a meal. They end it in a delightful way too – by saying DZIĘKUJĘ (thank you)
TRADITIONAL POLISH DISHES